Monday, July 20, 2009

Why not to be a dreamer's cat


A quick rough watercolor painting.

It so happened that I met a timid little cat on the stairway to my floor. I patted her, gently rubbed her head and went away. Her eyes I realized followed me till I had disappeared behind the door. Strangely so, I had a dream that night where I am a kid in a dingy old house with my paintings all over the walls and the little cat I met the same night, sleeping next to me. Don't remember much of the other details but then both of us started floating in the air. When I woke up in the morning, I just couldn't get over the idea of painting this.

So what you see, though is not one of the neatest attempts, but I cherish it nevertheless!

8 comments:

ADU said...

somu neat stuff...sp the floating bit!

Tommaso Valsecchi said...

Awesome colours!

sami in chains said...

@Adu: Thanks dear!

@Tommaso: It is overwhelming to see your comment here. Thanks :)

andres casciani said...

Men, the colours and shadows are truly great!

Dam Ferreira said...

Great stuff!!
simply wonderful!!
Congratulations!!

Cheers

C.B. Canga said...

your work is awesome

sami in chains said...

@ Andres, Dam and Chris: Thanks :)

prakash said...

subhan allah!!